MB Loughborough Ltd, T/as MB Automotive (‘We’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller– A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor– A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data– The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data –The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership,political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party– means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- Who are we?
- Data Protection Officer, MB Automotive, Unit 24a Monarch Way, Loughborough, Leics, LE11 5XG
- The purposes of processing your personal data
We may collect, process and use your personal data in the course of providing services and managing our relationship with you, for the following purposes:
- When you enquire about or purchase goods and services from us, we will collect personal information to enable us to respond and process your request.
- We collect and process your personal information for producing invoices for accounting purposes, which is required by and to comply with HMRC regulations
- If you have provided us with written consent to contact you, we may write to you in the future with a MOT reminder
- The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data: Name, address, telephone number (email address where needed), vehicle registration number.
- What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Personal data (article 6 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
|☐ Consent of the data subject;||Written consent will be obtained on the job card to complete the work request. If you have provided us with written consent to contact you, we may write to you in the future with a MOT reminder
|☐Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract||1) When you enquire about or purchase goods and services from us, we will collect personal information to enable us to respond and process your request.
2) We collect personal information during our recruitment process to enable us to contact you and process your job application
|☐Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation||We collect and process your personal information for producing invoices for accounting purposes, which is required by and to comply with HMRC regulations
More information on lawful processing can be found on theICO website.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with third parties when:
- If you have given us consent to do so
- If it is necessary to enable the provision of third party services you have requested (for example to complete a warranty or insurance claim)
- If we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for a period of seven years in order to comply with HMRC regulations.
- Providing us with your personal data
We require your personal data as it is a requirement necessary to enter into a contract with us.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was your lawful basis for processing the data.
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
- Transfer of Data Abroad
WE DO NOT TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA.
- Automated Decision Making
WE DO NOT USE ANY FORM OF AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING IN OUR BUSINESS.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- How to make a complaint
- To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our DATA PROTECTION OFFICER at MB Automotive, Unit 24a Monarch Way, Loughborough, Leics, LE11 5XG.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Officeon 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.